StallholdersJoin Our Market
Our stallholders are the soul of the event each week. They bring their goods and wares to sell, but also help generate the atmosphere of market-day. Some of our stalwart vendors have been with us from the start, others are infrequent vendors and some are with us for one-off occasions.
The market is home to local vege growers, food producers and crafters. We have regular supplies of fruit and vegetables, plants and seeds, honey, olive oil and handmade toys and crafts.
Join The Market
Do you have a glut of spare veges or fruit? Or just a little excess that you can’t use yourself? Maybe you are a keen gardener trying to move into selling commercially. And not forgetting that crafters and makers are also welcomed along.
We are delighted that you are considering joining the Carterton Farmer’s Market. Here are the basics for joining:
- You could be a grower, crafter, food-producer or take-away vendor
- You make, grow, process or upcycle your products yourself
- You are ideally local to the Wairarapa – but that’s not essential
- Stalls spaces are $10 per regular market attendance
- Larger market events are $20 – $30; please ask for info
- Please bring your own table, gazebo or whatever you need
- Set up and manage your stall from 9am to 12:30pm
- You can confirm attendance by the Friday prior to Sunday’s attendance
Markets are great because they showcase the awesome variety of locally grown food and hand-created products. They also allow you to sell directly to the public, and give you the opportunity to showcase your products to a variety of customers and increase your visibility.
Markets support local businesses / startups, they support small growers and producers, they provide an alternative to supermarket giants – and they are a lot of fun!
Documentation & Application Form
The latest versions of the market application forms, guidelines, rules, terms and conditions are available below. Remember, it is your responsibility to comply with the rules of the market and any other MPI / council rules that apply.
Got a question? Drop us a line. Or if you want to find out more about becoming a stall-holder, we can help with that too. Even if you just have a few excess veges or fruit, we would love to hear from you!
We welcome interest in joining our market, or any suggestion for stallholders and prospective produce additions you might know of.